Hello all,
I’d like to echo the congrats to David and the E-tutor team for their recent recognition. From what I can tell it was well deserved (though first place seems more appropriate). Congrats to Pip as well on his retirement. With abundant leisure time and relocation to NYC the possibilities are boundless.
Not much has changed here. Still making due out in the Pacific. For those who don’t already know, I’m an intelligence officer stationed in Hawaii. From there I’m a crew commander for armed Predator UAV flights over Iraq and Afghanistan.
Looking forward to meeting the rest of the group and getting into this upcoming section.
sean
2 Comments:
Hi Sean,
Good to see you blogging away! Actually I call my present state "retirement" or at least "retirement" from Active Service. If the Britsh Army ever need my services again then I suspect that the "shit has hit the fan" and we're losing! That said, I'm not sure that we are yet "winning" in Iraq or Afghanistan. Indeed, the greater "war on terror" is probably to be won elsewhere i.e. not as Bush declares "on the streets of Bagdad"!. That said, I remain mindful of your own present mission vis a vis predator flights. Laura calls my "retirement" a sabbatical or a "time out" and that I'm living her dream!
Anyway, once you get into the reading for this module, I recommend an early look at Bayliss and Smith - great stuff and already outlined in Nick Diamond's blog p- even though he has now moved onwards and upwards into Year 3! Pip
Hi Pip,
Good to see you back as well. Very much looking forward to hearing your thoughts on several of the topics we have planned for us. I wonder how the dynamic of this class will develop without Nick and with a few additions.
Though I personally saw some potential value to the war in Iraq I think you are absolutely right. I suspect the real fight is not on a battlefield at all.
Also looking forward to Baylis and Smith as well. I've actually had a copy since my first undergraduate year. USC's intro to International Relations professor (Dr. Steve Lamy) wrote one of the chapters and it was therefore a required text. Excellent book.
Enjoy your "time out". Can't wait to start mine. You as well of the rest of the class are welcome in Hawaii. Can't guarantee much space in my small condo but my wife, Jessica, is an excellent cook and has a soft spot for Brits.
Sean
Post a Comment
<< Home